The PHD DCT process creates a more homogeneous, more stable, and more durable material that doesn’t need further processing down the road.
Makes great parts better!!
Improve the life of knives, taps, dies, machine tools, Oil & Gas equipment, engine parts, aluminum bats, golf clubs, and improves sound quality of audiophile interconnects and tubes.
- Engine Parts
- Transmission Parts
- Brake Rotors
- Machining Tools (cutters, mills, inserts, etc.)
- Sporting Goods (Baseball & Softball Bats, Golf Clubs & Balls, etc.)
- And much more!
- Alloy Steels
- Stainless Steels
- Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys
- Cast Irons
- And many others!
3 Key Benefits of the PHD DCT Process
- Greater durability: Cryogenic treatment helps to promote the transformation of retained austenite present in heat-treated steels into harder martensite steel. This results in fewer imperfections and weaknesses in the steel’s grain structure.
- Improved wear resistance: Cryogenic hardening increases the precipitation of eta-carbides. These are fine carbides that act as binders to support the martensite matrix, helping to resist wear and corrosion resistance.
- Stress relief: All metals have residual stress that is created when it solidifies from its liquid phase into a solid phase. These stresses can result in weak areas that are prone to failure. Cryogenic treatment can reduce these weaknesses by creating a more uniform grain structure.
Please contact us for more information.